[Bf-docboard] Wiki - FFMPEG OSX build instructions

Bharadwaj Subramanian bharadwaj.subramanian at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 07:49:16 CEST 2010

Hi everyone,

I came across the wiki entry "Building Blender on OS X with FFMPEG" (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Doc/Building_Blender/Mac/FFMPEG) which indicated that the instructions given were broken.

I was able to build ffmpeg successfully via MacPorts, and was able to build blender with the local ffmpeg; I also tested it out by importing/playing a video in the Video Sequence Editor. I have however, not checked the manual build method that was described in the wiki page.

 I have added a sandbox page explaining how I did it at http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Sandbox/Doc:2.5/Building_Blender/Mac/FFMPEG . The wiki editing guide asks me to post on bf-docboard for review; so it would be great if someone could review it so that I may add it to the actual wiki page.

Also, this is my first time on bf lists, so if I messed up something, I'm sorry :)

Bharadwaj