[Bf-docboard] A reason for the quietness on bf-docboard.

malefico malefico at malefico3d.org
Sun Sep 21 23:33:15 CEST 2008

Hi Jean,

I don't know other people, but the reason I have been quiet is that I
already wrote a bunch of docs in the past only to find out that:

1- Docs get obsolete very quickly
2- It's a lot of work  writing technical texts and getting images for
it, wheter they are screenshots or more explanatory diagrams.
3- Usually there is a lot of discussion about formats (I remember there
was Docbook in the past, now it's wiki, tomorrow who knows...)

And besides all that, I also spent quite some time translating all
written by me and others to spanish in order to try to keep a spanish
version in sync.

So... I got tired. I rather spend my efforts in writing a book as
Harkyman or Tony did instead of wasting it in endless
rewriting/translating...

I know it doesn't sound too positive but this is how I feel about the
whole bf-docboard thing.

Regards

malefico.