[Bf-docboard] Downloadable Manual

Bart Veldhuizen bart at vrotvrot.com
Wed Feb 8 19:55:52 CET 2006

Hi Ewout,

the easiest way would be to create a stylesheet for printed media
that would suppress the navigation elements and other things that you
want to hide. After that, creating a PDF file from the web-page would
be just a matter of printing the document to a PDF (on my Mac,
anyway ;-)

Bart

Op 8-feb-2006, om 14:09 heeft Ewout Fernhout het volgende geschreven:

> Hello!
> Ages ago, I made a page that contains the whole manual, with a wiki
> syntax that works more or less like the php include tag (check the
> code).
>
> http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/Complete (warning, this
> is old stuff! The links need to be updated)
>
> Because a lot of people seem to be asking for a downloadable version
> of the manual, I think creating a downloadable pdf from this page is
> quite feasable. The only thing we would need is some kind of script
> that strips the navigation and the wiki stuff from the html, and
> outputs one big document. This can then be stored on
> download.blender.org (and maybe even updated nightly) so that people
> won't complain about the manual there being so outdated!!!
>
> It's just an idea, and I'm still in hectic times, but I'd like to hear
> what you guys (and girls? :o) think!
>
> Ewout (Inktvlek)

Bart Veldhuizen
bart at vrotvrot.com