[Bf-docboard] Downloadable Manual

Ewout Fernhout chocolade at extrapuur.nl
Wed Feb 8 14:09:21 CET 2006

Hello!
Ages ago, I made a page that contains the whole manual, with a wiki
syntax that works more or less like the php include tag (check the
code).

http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/Complete (warning, this
is old stuff! The links need to be updated)

Because a lot of people seem to be asking for a downloadable version
of the manual, I think creating a downloadable pdf from this page is
quite feasable. The only thing we would need is some kind of script
that strips the navigation and the wiki stuff from the html, and
outputs one big document. This can then be stored on
download.blender.org (and maybe even updated nightly) so that people
won't complain about the manual there being so outdated!!!

It's just an idea, and I'm still in hectic times, but I'd like to hear
what you guys (and girls? :o) think!

Ewout (Inktvlek)