[Bf-docboard] Procedural Textures

olivier.saraja at linuxgraphic.org olivier.saraja at linuxgraphic.org
Thu Nov 24 15:32:59 CET 2005

Hey Chris,

> -Your screen shot doesn't show the radial blend type

easy to add later, perhaps Tobias didn't write the documentation with the
latest 2.40 CVS installed on his computer.

> However the most important thing about this is that you claim "I've just
> finished..." but really myself and Emilie McDavid wrote a large part of
> the material you seem to be taking credit for. All you had to do was cut
> and paste for the most part from
> http://www.blender.org/cms/Procedural_Textures.272.0.html this document.
>
> I obviously don't mind the material going into the manual but please at
> least give credit where credit is due before you say, "look what I
> wrote!" If someone else had written it I'd have said the same thing.
>
> I'd also like to help you make the documents about materials and
> textures better. Plagiarism is bad! Naughty Tobias! :)

Please be easy on the poor guy ;) he did a harsh work on the whole
chapter, and certainly wouldn't deserve this. I explain myself: I need to
get back to home to quote the previous mails exchanged on this very same
list, but I'm 99.99% sure Tobias asked if using material from the release
notes (blender cms) was allowed, and S68 approved this, less than one week
(or two?) ago. When he writes "look what I wrote!", he certainly has in
mind the "material" he imported into the wiki and the way he incorporated
it to the actual documentation, no matter who is the original author. I'm
99.99% sure there's no plagiarism intent in his work, it's only a request
for his work (the compilation, not the actual writing) to be checked,
corrected and validated by other people here, in a collegial effort to
build a quality documentation. I don't think he claimed all the writing to
be his. Please check the previous mails on this list, as I can't for the
moment, just to make sure.

Cheers,
olivS