[Bf-docboard] Procedural Textures

Chris Burt desoto at blender.spaceisbig.com
Thu Nov 24 15:01:31 CET 2005

You may want to check your facts about a few of the parts. Some of your
information is a bit incorrect. Here a list of things I saw fit to mention:

-Procedural textures *are* anti-aliased.
-You never explain the "Nabla" value
-Your screen shot doesn't show the radial blend type

However the most important thing about this is that you claim "I've just
finished..." but really myself and Emilie McDavid wrote a large part of
the material you seem to be taking credit for. All you had to do was cut
and paste for the most part from
http://www.blender.org/cms/Procedural_Textures.272.0.html this document.

I obviously don't mind the material going into the manual but please at
least give credit where credit is due before you say, "look what I
wrote!" If someone else had written it I'd have said the same thing.

I'd also like to help you make the documents about materials and
textures better. Plagiarism is bad! Naughty Tobias! :)

If you don't mind I've taken the liberty to correct a few things in
regards to grammar. Some of these paragraphs/sentences need to be
rewritten in my opinion. Thanks!

Regards,
--Chris