[Bf-docboard] Serious Issue: Versioning - Proposal

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 23:01:10 CET 2005

> So I better keep the german transplation at wikibooks and DON'T move it to
> mediawiki.blender.org (what will not keep me from working on the english part
> of the manual from time to time). We will have enough to do to keep the
> translation (or better transcription) reasonably up to date, and not to
> bother what parts of the english version will be changed at what time, and
> which picture will change or not.

Since many of the screenshots will have text in them won't you need to
have localized versions of each image anyway?  Also any new image can
use a unique name, so it shouldn't have any impact if the english
version updates its images to a more recent version the translation
could contitue using whatever image it wants.

Also if you want you can put a disclaimer in translated versions that
the most up to date version is always the english version.

LetterRip