[Bf-docboard] Serious Issue: Versioning - Proposal

Tobias Regenbrecht regenbrecht at gmx.net
Sun Nov 13 07:06:29 CET 2005

Am Samstag, 12. November 2005 23:01 schrieb Tom M:
> Since many of the screenshots will have text in them won't you need to
> have localized versions of each image anyway?
This is right. It would be great if this could be avoided, and if  only
numbers would be used (but there may be a problem with numbers in other
languages also, so I'm not sure whether this is really a solution).

> Also any new image can
> use a unique name, so it shouldn't have any impact if the english
> version updates its images to a more recent version the translation
> could contitue using whatever image it wants.
Yes! The biggest advantage of using mediawiki.blender.org is that we don't
have to recreate every single image.

And how can we keep the filenames unique?

With kind regards
--
T. Regenbrecht