[Bf-docboard] Serious Issue: Versioning - Proposal

Tobias Regenbrecht regenbrecht at gmx.net
Sat Nov 12 22:26:02 CET 2005

Am Samstag, 12. November 2005 20:34 schrieb Ewout Fernhout:
> Hello Tobias,
> What you propose will be a lot of work and only create a huge amount of
> outdated information. No matter in what way you work with versioning of
> the English manual (SVN, CVS or whatever other system), you will always
> stay behind the current state. The translation is a huge problem indeed,
> but as I stated before: the 2.5 manual won't be published in it's
> current form, and translators will have a huge job trying to keep up -
> such is life I'm afraid.

That is exactly what I wanted to know :-)!

So I better keep the german transplation at wikibooks and DON'T move it to
mediawiki.blender.org (what will not keep me from working on the english part
of the manual from time to time). We will have enough to do to keep the
translation (or better transcription) reasonably up to date, and not to
bother what parts of the english version will be changed at what time, and
which picture will change or not.

With kind regards
--
T. Regenbrecht