[Bf-docboard] Serious Issue: Versioning - Proposal

Ewout Fernhout chocolade at extrapuur.nl
Sat Nov 12 20:34:17 CET 2005

Hello Tobias,
What you propose will be a lot of work and only create a huge amount of
outdated information. No matter in what way you work with versioning of
the English manual (SVN, CVS or whatever other system), you will always
stay behind the current state. The translation is a huge problem indeed,
but as I stated before: the 2.5 manual won't be published in it's
current form, and translators will have a huge job trying to keep up -
such is life I'm afraid.

Like others said: whenever we decide the manual is 'ready', we will make
a pdf version. If you want, you can sync the translated versions with
those. Remember, the main goal of the docboard is taking care of the
ENGLISH manual! It's nice to have translations, but like Stefano said
before, we should focus on the english manual - making a versioning
system for translations creates a lot more work, whereas there is enough
things to do already!

Ewout