[Bf-docboard] Contribution to Chapter 10: Raytraced reflections

malefico andauer the3d_hut at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Nov 2 16:35:15 CET 2005

 --- olivier.saraja at linuxgraphic.org escribió:
> As far as I know, the raytraced
> reflection/transparency is featured in the
> Wiki

(http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/PartIII/Reflections_and_Transparencies).

Oh cool ! I missed it, now beginning translation
mode...

> On the other hand, the documentation I wrote on Area
> Light is missing;
> Stefano had to port it into the docbook
> documentation, but since the
> migration from Docbook to Wiki, perhaps this part
> got lost. Or perhaps
> what I wrote is not good enough to make it as
> documentation.

Hum, don't think so,  most probably is missing in the
'Ethernal Pit of Oblivion' as Stefano called his
mailbox ;-)

> Concerning the 'ray shadows', I didn't write
> anything on this topic, as
> there's not anymore ray shadow options under lamp
> properties, except for
> the  Area Light. But I think that the Area Light
> should belong to the same
> chapter than other Lamps, so I think the 'Ray
> shadows' missing chapter
> should be totally discarded.

However we need to write something about it, lamps CAN
raytrace shadows (even with no options as you said).

> I don't have much time these days, and I'll be
> pretty busy until the end
> of the year. That's why I didn't ask for a wiki
> account, and didn't put
> online the area light part myself... I'll ask for an
> account early in
> 2006, as there are many things I'm willing to write

Sorry to hear that, we'll try to do it for you.

Best regards

malefico.