[Bf-docboard] Contribution to Chapter 10: Ray Shadows and a few questions

Olivier SARAJA (Linuxgraphic) olivier.saraja at linuxgraphic.org
Wed Nov 2 20:45:50 CET 2005

Hi again,

> Oh cool ! I missed it, now beginning translation
> mode...

:)

> Hum, don't think so,  most probably is missing in the
> 'Ethernal Pit of Oblivion' as Stefano called his
> mailbox ;-)

Ah... it happens to me sometimes, too... :)

> However we need to write something about it, lamps CAN
> raytrace shadows (even with no options as you said).

You make a point. I took a few minutes to write something (see tar.gz file
joined to this e-mail) about this, so that this section is no longer empty.
^^

I hope someone will be able to insert it for me in the Wiki and/or the
DocBook, until I have more time for the community to learn more of the Wiki
language and register myself.

> > I don't have much time these days, and I'll be
> > pretty busy until the end
> > of the year. That's why I didn't ask for a wiki
> > account, and didn't put
> > online the area light part myself... I'll ask for an
> > account early in
> > 2006, as there are many things I'm willing to write
>
> Sorry to hear that, we'll try to do it for you.

Thank you very much :) I can provide the text again, if needed. Perhaps
Stefano kept it for later, because I proposed slight changes to the Lamp
types chapter in order to update the new options.

On the other hand, what are the plans about the Reference part of the
documentation? There were plans for rebuilding it in order to catch up with
2.40. I'm willing to help with this more technical part of the documentation,
but the Wiki section seems to be desperately empty. A status on this would be
helpful, so that I could state how to be helpful myself :)

My last question is about Credits, because the Manual is not consistent from
the start to the end. Sometimes the author of the chapter is named, sometimes
he is not (err... it was the case in the old Docbook manual, I mean, I
haven't checked the Wiki version seriously). I believe that in any case, all
the contributors feature in the Credits page, but it seems that there's no
Credits page on the Wiki. Am I wrong? I think it's not a good thing to put
the author in the header of a chapter, as many people can edit, enhance
and/or correct a given chapter, but I'm not the one to decide in the name of
the editor.

Keep up the good work everybody.

Cheers,
--