[Bf-docboard] software tools

Jean Montambeault bf-docboard@blender.org
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 07:05:37 -0500

Landis Fields wrote:

>Luke Stodola (or anyone else that can help),
>
>As far as I understand you are all working in some
>type of language (XML)which is very flexible and can ultimately end up as a
>web tutorial or even part of the official Blender docs....let me know if I
>have this much right. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I am
>just trying to get up to speed so that I can help the community.
>
>Thanks again.
>
>Cheers,
>Landis

I am going to follow that one real close.
The advantages of that format seem to be enormous.
I guess that I will succeed learning it from
http://download.blender.org/documentation/html/x20707.html#BDP.LXA.L.OSO.db_example
and
http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html
Also, as I am about to get my guide 2.3 I should find there some more
complete info.

Yet this is an awfully involved and time consuming process that I am
sure repelled quite a few excellent contributors.
Hopefully the learning curve can be made flatter.

Back to reading the existing info.

Regards
Jean