[Bf-docboard] Feature suggestion: integrated manual

Landis Fields bf-docboard@blender.org
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 06:01:29 -0000

If an individual is using Blender they are the type of individual that would
be willing to accept docs that are in the developement phase as well. I
would even put at the beginning of the page of the docs index a statement
that encourages new individuals to log any confusion or problems they might
encounter during the first hundred days or so of working with the product in
hope that they may later help us unexperienced and forgetful users remember
what aspects of the program we may have overlooked overtime. Kind of like
the beta tester system. By the way this currently goes on every single day
at Elysiun. People just answer the questions and the problems simply
disappear. We must create a way for the newer users of the app to provide
feedback or atleast log their problems instead of answering countless lists
of duplicate posts by replying a "F.A.Q." link. If you see the same question
over and over again it doesnt necessarily mean that everyone has difficulty
with the same aspects of the program, it might in fact mean that something
needs to be addressed. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day....
teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Cheers,
Landis