[Bf-docboard] Feature suggestion: integrated manual

Landis Fields bf-docboard@blender.org
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 05:46:25 -0000

Ofcourse...the html version would HAVE to be created first. Anyone who is
going to create such a piece (interactive interface) should not have to deal
with creating the manual as they go....instead they should be able to
concentrate on the funcionality of the beast alone!
As far as the HTML version is concerned though...I think that the website
currently hosting the docs (even if they are currently incomplete..oops..did
I say incomplete...I didnt mean to swear...I mean a "work in progress")
should be linked to the "help" for the time being. This way any confusion in
regards to where to go for help in the future would be eliminated. The
product (Blender) is currently in a strong developement phase itself so I
dont see how THIS would hurt. When the Docs are completed (or deemed as
satisfactory by the community, since everything should ALWAYS be considered
a work in progress :) ) an html file could be included in the
installer...but until then the link should be considered as a bare minumum
and is almost expected by a new user of any application today.