[Bf-docboard] License decision

Ton Roosendaal bf-docboard@blender.org
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 13:18:59 +0100

Hi,

>>>available for sale, and allow the DocBoard to use the text and images
>>>(not the design) for integration in the open manual project.
>>
>>Sad :-( that a free product has no free manual.
>>But glad that we can move forward with good intentions towards a *more* free
>>knowledge sharing future.
>

> Not everything in life has to be free! And think about it this way: by
> selling the original 2.0 manual, the BF at least has some income. How do
> you think it pays for the web services and the occaisional pizza for
> Ton? ;-)

And still people don't grasp the free (libre) software philosophy...

It is not meant to be gratis dude. I said that the text+images itself
will be available for the docboard (FREE), and we'll sell the same
stuff, designed, as a PDF. That's nicely matching the FSF philosophy.
Even when it doesn't have their GFDL license.

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal | ton@blender.org | Blender Foundation
Amsterdam | The Netherlands |  http://www.blender.org