[Bf-docboard] License decision

Ramanan Selvaratnam bf-docboard@blender.org
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 00:12:00 +0000

On Wednesday 27 November 2002 19:26, Bart wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 18:48, Ramanan Selvaratnam wrote:
> > > available for sale, and allow the DocBoard to use the text and images
> > > (not the design) for integration in the open manual project.
> >
> > Sad :-( that a free product has no free manual.
> > But glad that we can move forward with good intentions towards a *more*
> > free knowledge sharing future.
>
> Not everything in life has to be free! And think about it this way: by

No, everything has to be _free_.

**With total respect** to the learned decisions taken on the BDP licences I
have to point this important issue.

In this mail every mention of 'free' means the english translation for
'libre', freedom, what we lack in this planet for it to be such a bad place
(as in children starving to death when gastric juices digest thier inner
gut's lining!!!) when some of us only worry about how quick the stinky pizza
arrives at the doorstep.

Put more constructively with _an_ example,

<http://www.network-theory.co.uk/gsl/manual/>

quotes a price for a _free_ manual as below

'Retail Price: _$_39.99 (_£_24.99 in UK)
 ISBN: 0-9541617-0-X '

It is available in texinfo format, GFDL'ed, will cost few pizzas and is
_free_!!!!
Are the authors eating off it -- I do not know and honestly do not
care. But I care when it is such a significant  step in the right direction
towards a _free_ and fair world.

Peace and freedom.

Ram