[Bf-docboard] License decision

Ramanan Selvaratnam bf-docboard@blender.org
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 16:17:49 +0000

> However, I will continue researching this and discuss it with some
> people to get the full insight on the topic. This will be communicated
> with the docboard.

An interesting point found as a comment to Stefano's article on documentation
<http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=17&mode=flat&order=0&thold=0>

(off topic==> why not implement mod_rewrite to make these url friendly to
humans and search engines?)

Re: Documentation Board is working! (Score: 1)
by SirSlashALot on Nov 28, 2002 - 11:51 PM
(User info | Send a Message) No. From
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html:

Non-Free Documentation Licenses

 The following licenses do not qualify as free documentation licenses:

 The Open Content License, Version 1.0.

 This license does not qualify as free, because there are restrictions on
charging money for copies. We recommend you not use this license.

Anyhow I am available in two weeks and will jump in to the documentation
process.

All the best.

Ram