[Bf-docboard] chapter_mesh_modelling

Felix Rabe bf-docboard@blender.org
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 21:28:13 +0100

Bart Veldhuizen wrote:
> Since we are working under an open license, they would also be
> required to send their edits and improvements back to us.

Ehrm - another remark:

Yes, they have to clearly state that the book is under the OCL.

No, they do not have to send back the improvements.  (That requirement
would be another violation of the free software principles and
GPL-compatibility that I would have pointed to earlier...)

Of course, if they want a "clean" book with no special "Changes"
section, they better give us what they worked so far before publication,
we incorporate it, and they can then directly take our clean and
corrected version to make the book.  But there's absolutely no
requirement to do that.

cu,
Felix