[Bf-docboard] mailing list suggestion

Alex Heizer bf-docboard@blender.org
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:24:20 -0600

--------------000202040607010306090202

That's cool. I just know it could be a hassle for a new user this time
next year to have to download 14 months of archives to do a search. The
GForge things sounds like a good deal too! :)

Alex

Bart Veldhuizen wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>On Sun, 2002-12-29 at 18:47, Alex Heizer wrote:
>
>>Howdy,
>>
>>I did a quick scan of the mailing list archives, and didn't see anyone
>>mention this, but has anyone thought of a different format for the
>>mailing list archives themselves? Maybe something searchable, like with
>>a db backend? It's not so bad right now, but I could see 6 months down
>>the line someone wanting to go back and look for something they remember
>>seeing somewhere.
>>

>We're using the standard mailing list software that the Blender
>Foundation is offering us. It's not all as bad as it seems as you can
>also download the full archives in mailbox (I think) format - most
>mailreaders, including Netscape/Mozilla can read those and offer you
>search functionality.
>
>Also, with the arrival of the GForge projects site on blender.org,
>things may change. GForce has mailinglists but I do not know how they
>are implemented.
>
>Bart

--------------000202040607010306090202

<head>
</head>
That's cool. I just know it could be a hassle for a new user this time next
year to have to download 14 months of archives to do a search. The GForge
things sounds like a good deal too! :)<br>
Alex<br>
Bart Veldhuizen wrote:<br>

--------------000202040607010306090202--