[Bf-docboard] mailing list suggestion

Bart Veldhuizen bf-docboard@blender.org
29 Dec 2002 20:24:55 +0100

Hi Alex,

On Sun, 2002-12-29 at 18:47, Alex Heizer wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I did a quick scan of the mailing list archives, and didn't see anyone
> mention this, but has anyone thought of a different format for the
> mailing list archives themselves? Maybe something searchable, like with
> a db backend? It's not so bad right now, but I could see 6 months down
> the line someone wanting to go back and look for something they remember
> seeing somewhere.

We're using the standard mailing list software that the Blender
Foundation is offering us. It's not all as bad as it seems as you can
also download the full archives in mailbox (I think) format - most
mailreaders, including Netscape/Mozilla can read those and offer you
search functionality.

Also, with the arrival of the GForge projects site on blender.org,
things may change. GForce has mailinglists but I do not know how they
are implemented.

Bart

--
Bart Veldhuizen <bart@vrotvrot.com>