[Bf-docboard] Blender on Linux

Karsten Dambekalns bf-docboard@blender.org
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 17:14:19 +0100

On Sam, Dez 28, 2002 at 12:17:21 +0100, Bart Veldhuizen wrote:

> familiar with the current installation process (it seems to change quite
> often) so I can't judge if we should add your notes to the current
> Manual that this group is working on.

Good to see that the committers list archive is now open. Might make
it easier to follow progress...

Nonetheless I have no real opinion whether this should eb included,
but I don't have any reasons against it as well...

> What do you think guys? If we do add it, who will volunteer to verify
> these steps and convert them to DocBook?

I can do that, and I'd try to merge the build documentation from CVS
into it as well.

I can't promise to check the validity of the compile process on a
regular basis, but I guess I should be able to try it monthly (rough
estimate), until it really behaves the way configure;make;make install
does.

And I guess it would help to have the build docs outside the CVS tree,
this way you could learn which tree to use before checking out :)

And maybe this would encourage more people like Dave to give valuable
feedback!

Regards,
Karsten
--
Don't worry. We can all be idiotic for 3 days and then have
a bright 5 minute stretch. Mine was half an hour ago.

And next one is on 2004.                  (Martin Langhoff)