[Bf-docboard] Update

Alex Heizer bf-docboard@blender.org
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 14:10:44 -0600

--------------010308000408030303050800

Hello,

Bart Veldhuizen wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>On Sat, 2002-12-28 at 19:51, Alex Heizer wrote:
>
>>I can work on some stuff. For example, I can do a Quickstart tutorial
>>(Introduction section) if nobody's working on it already. I'd like to
>>help out with any Mac OSX oddities and variations, such as
>><option>-<mouseclick> to restrict movement or scaling along an axis,
>>rather than middle-button-click. I can work on some Mesh Modeling
>>(Editmode, Extrude, Proportional editing tool) and/or Animation
>>(Keyframe or Path) pages, as well, if nobody is working on them.
>>Although these have a great basis already from the text in the book.
>>

>Cool! Either of these topics are still available, so the choice is
>yours.. Maybe we can create some OS-specific chapters to capture the
>oddities of each? We can later re-use those issues in other chapters,
>but also as stand-alone chapters it would make great material. I can add
>something to the table of contents if you like.

However you want to do the OS X stuff is fine with me. I can see the
advantages either way between having a separate section for the
differences (I'm not sure if the other OSes have such quirks), and
having things inline with the other chapters. Having a separate section
makes it easy for an updater (one person maintaining it) and easy for a
user to say "what are all the things I need to watch out for?". But
having all of the differences right there in the regular chapters makes
it smoother for an end user to read along without interrupting the flow
( "To select a vertex, RMB-click it (command-click in OSX)"), similar to
the traditional way authors have distinguished between Windows and Mac
functions. Of course, this makes it a little more work to update other
people's sections, but having separate sections means at least some of
the material will be duplicated if it is to make sense to the end user.
Either way is good and has its advantages and disadvantages. Anyone else
writing the other pages have any input about it, since it may affect
their workload?

I'll start getting the Editmode, Extrude, Proportional editing tool,
Keyframe and Path pages together then. If nobody is working on the rest
of the Mesh Modeling or Animation sections by the time I get done with
these, I'll move on to them.

>>Any word of the return of a Linux browser plugin?
>>

>Not yet..

Darn. Just thought I'd ask. :)

Alex

--------------010308000408030303050800

<head>
</head>
Hello,<br>
Bart Veldhuizen wrote:<br>
[...]
their workload?<br>
I'll start getting the Editmode, Extrude, Proportional editing tool, Keyframe&nbsp;and
Path pages together then. If nobody is working on the rest of the Mesh Modeling
or Animation sections by the time I get done with these, I'll move on to
them.<br>
        <pre wrap=""><!----><br>Not yet.. </pre>
Darn. Just thought I'd ask. :)<br>
Alex<br>