[Bf-docboard] I want to do something, but I don't know how!

bf-docboard@blender.org bf-docboard@blender.org
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:03:46 +0100

On 13 Dec 2002 at 15:32, Stefano Selleri wrote:

> > Heyho...
> >
> > I want to do the chapter 5: Mesh modeling,
>
> Nice ! Thanx for Volunteering!!
>
> (If, as for your last e-mail you want to do just the first section it is
> nice anyway)

I hoped so! ;-)

> > but I'm not into  DocBookXML yet.
>
> Most of us are not

pew, glad to hear that! I'm so confused with all these signs in the XML
code!

> >Is it possible to write something in Word and then
> > post it here in the Mailinglist, and some of you include it into the
> > manual? That would be very helpful for me, because I'm not good at
> > coding, but I'm a "visual" person!
>
> It is discouraged.
>
> First, because it would be hard to convert from Word to XML

I thought that! ;(

> Second, at this stage content matters, not presentation, It is
> useless to have a nicely formattet word document, with images placed
> around etc, since all that will be anyway lost in translation.

Of course! ;-) I only thought Word to be a nice format!

> I suggest you to write HTML. You can write HTML with Word, but that's
> again is a bad idea, since it produces crappy HTML, or, best choiche,

Great! I know some HTML and I will try that NETSCAPE-Editor too!

> Of course, I would be glad if someone else points out a nicer solution.
>
> I've just downloaded and installed XMLmind
> (http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/)
> but B@rt says it produces ugly XML, yet it is WYSIWYG, stay tuned, maybe
> we'll find
> some easy way of cleaning it ;)

I tried that program too! But if you can clean up the code it produces it
will be great!!!