[Bf-docboard] I want to do something, but I don't know how!

Stefano Selleri bf-docboard@blender.org
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:32:49 +0100

> Heyho...
>
> I want to do the chapter 5: Mesh modeling,

Nice ! Thanx for Volunteering!!

(If, as for your last e-mail you want to do just the first section it is
nice anyway)

> but I'm not into  DocBookXML yet.

Most of us are not

>Is it possible to write something in Word and then
> post it here in the Mailinglist, and some of you include it into the
> manual? That would be very helpful for me, because I'm not good at
> coding, but I'm a "visual" person!

It is discouraged.

First, because it would be hard to convert from Word to XML

Second, at this stage content matters, not presentation, It is
useless to have a nicely formattet word document, with images placed
around etc, since all that will be anyway lost in translation.

I suggest you to write HTML. You can write HTML with Word, but that's
again is a bad idea, since it produces crappy HTML, or, best choiche,

you can use NETSCAPE.

Netscape is free, in some ways better than IE, AND, it has 'Composer' which
is a WYSIWYG
HTML editor. Netscape produces neat HTML, whithout CSS and ugly stuff like
that,
you can place images there, and so on.

And will allow us a much easier interpolation.

Of course, I would be glad if someone else points out a nicer solution.

I've just downloaded and installed XMLmind
(http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/)
but B@rt says it produces ugly XML, yet it is WYSIWYG, stay tuned, maybe
we'll find
some easy way of cleaning it ;)