[Bf-cycles] Branched PT + Correlated Multi-Jitter & MIS on Background increase rendertimes tremendously!

ertuqueque ertuqueque at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 21:05:52 CET 2015

Is this a bug or something that can me improved?

As the title says... Experimenting with a rather complex scene/project I'm
working on, I noticed that mixing Branched Path Tracing, Correlated
Multi-Jitter sampling and Multiple Importance Sampling on the Background
settings, increased rendertimes tremendously (50% to 200%). This huge
impact on rendertimes is just present using this three settings together.
Other combinations don't have such an impact on rendertimes (barely 5% to
20%).

In simple scenes you can get a huge impact on rendertimes also.

Greets.
tuqueque.