[Bf-cycles] object motion blur

David Fenner d4vidfenner at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 17:45:52 CEST 2014

We are facing a big problem with motion blur, and it is the fact that
object motion blur does not have a way to increase the steps. We need a
sphere to make a big motion blur curved trace which currently is imposible,
the trace is always very stepped.

If we make the sphere deform instead of translate (for example by deforming
it with a bone and then animating the bone), we can achieve a curved trace
since deformation motion blur has the step setting, but since we want to do
physics and particles, we can't just go and simulate bones and then
deforming thousands of spheres....

Is there a hidden "step" setting for object motion blur as well?? it is
obviously just as needed as deformation steps.

Thanks, David.