[Bf-cycles] preview settings and RGB values in texture paint and cycles

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Mon Mar 3 16:23:45 CET 2014

On Mar 2, 2014 10:08 PM, "Jim Cantley" <semajcantley at hotmail.com>
> Something else - the RGB settings in texture paint don't match the RGB
settings in the cycles nodes. I can set RGB to .5, .5, .5 in texture paint
and I get a HEX code of 808080 (perfect gray), but in cycles I get a HEX
code of BCBCBC. To get a middle gray I need to set cycles color nodes to
.216, .216, .216. Is there something I'm missing there?

The brush color is in sRGB color space, the shaders in linear color space.
This is by design in the color management system.

The hex color is always in sRGB so you can easily copy between applications.