[Bf-cycles] Fwd: Viewport render keyboard shortcut + minor Cycles viewport interface consideration

David Black db4tech at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 8 02:18:37 CEST 2013

Ah, okay.

After looking at your Shift Z key binding code commit, would the
simplest solution for now (hopefully requiring the least coding) be to
have 'Shift Z' toggle render / pause (in the same way 'Alt Z' toggles
solid / texture)? 'Z' takes you back to non-rendered viewport.

Actually that last point reminds me of a little something you may want
to add to the end of your to-do list, not important, not a bug, just a
little tweak for the future.
If someone pauses the viewport while it's rendering, then presses 'Z' to
switch back to non-rendered viewport, at a later time click 'Viewport
Shading Rendered', they might wonder why nothing is happening and the
samples are stuck at 0.

A slight modification could be, pressing 'Z' resets the pause state and
returns to non-rendered viewport. Hopefully a helpful idea for some
future time.

David

--

3d-designs-davidblack.blogspot.com