[Bf-cycles] Is Cycles ready for production?

eibriel inv eibriel at yahoo.com.ar
Thu May 16 23:28:21 CEST 2013

Hi!
I'm working on a CG full length movie (you will see news about it soon :) ) and my job is to choose the render engine (between Blender Internal and Cycles).
We are testing Cycles, and work amazingly, but we have some performance issues, with interior and nocturnal scenes.

My questions are:
- Is there any development target focused on performance?
- Is "Portal" special light type a priority?
- Adaptive sampling a priority?

- Is "This layer only" light option a priority?

We will base our selection on the status of Cycles on Blender 2.78 (maybe 2.79).

Any info will be welcomed!!
Thanks!!
Eibriel