[Bf-cycles] Best way to visualize Mist?

PabloVazquez.org venomgfx at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 21:17:01 CEST 2013

Hi,

I was wondering what is the best way to visualize and tweak the mist pass
on Cycles.

On Blender Internal, I do it by enabling GLSL and using the view on Texture
mode (or the new Rendered view).

On Cycles, I can't find an easy way to tweak this value using the 3D View.
I know the Camera has a Mist options under the Display panel, but this
option is not available when working with a linked Camera (though it would
be awesome though if the Display settings of objects/data could be changed
locally for linked libraries).

Made this dummy file with mist for easy test:
http://pasteall.org/blend/22180

On cycles rendered preview or Textured/Material preview it doesn't show, on
Internal it does on GLSL > Texture view.

Thanks!

--
Pablo Vazquez
CG Artist - Blender Foundation Certified Trainer
Email: contact at pablovazquez.org
Website: pablovazquez.org <http://www.pablovazquez.org>