[Bf-cycles] fisheye mode

Benjamin Waller benjamin at mycontact.eu
Tue Apr 24 12:52:53 CEST 2012

Hi,

I was also thinking about working on a native fisheye for Blender.
(Currently I'm developing a workaround to get fisheye-images:
https://github.com/Benni-chan/Blender-Fulldome-Addon/blob/master/domecam.py
)

A Fisheye camera should have the following options:
FOV (don't stop at 180°! allow the user to select large angles. I'm
using a FOV of 220° or 240° pretty often.)
Type: all the different types of fisheye (angular, equirectangular, etc...)

nice would be a round border-render with the angular fisheye, so that
only the maximal circle in a square image would be rendered.
(I'm using fisheye-images for digital dome-projections. the maximal
circle in the square image is what you can see on the dome.)
You can find more people, who are working with fisheyes in blender on
this forum: http://blendertarium.ottplanetarium.org/forum/

Benjamin