[Bf-cycles] fisheye mode

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 15:31:54 CEST 2012

Hi Benjamin,

> I was also thinking about working on a native fisheye for Blender.
Go ahead if you feel like ;) I'm planning to give git(hub?) a try. Although
the development may be short you can step in as well.

> a round border-render with the angular fisheye, so that only the maximal
circle in a square image would be rendered.
Is this for a horizontal dome? If so wouldn't be better to use a
equirectangular panorama with custom 'bottom' and 'top' angles?

I'm hesitant in have Blender supporting all types of panoramas. A quick
glance at hugin shows more than 20 panorama types.
But once we have the basic modes implemented it should be easy for any
coder to expand it.

> (Currently I'm developing a workaround to get fisheye-images:
https://github.com/Benni-chan/Blender-Fulldome-Addon/blob/master/domecam.py
 )
Small note: for non-cycles renders I recommend to use linked scenes + UVMap
nodes instead of multiple cameras. At least for me it always worked well
(and it doesn't require hugin). PM me if you are not familiar with and are
interested in this technique.

--
Dalai