[Bf-compositor] Extending some node functions to VSE

Jeroen Bakker j.bakker at atmind.nl
Thu May 22 21:32:46 CEST 2014

Hi All,

This topic has been discussed many times over, but on a pipeline point
of view it is not that easy. Compositor works on shots, not on
sequences. You first composite, then you sequence you don't want to
mingle these tasks as it will only create confusion to users and
developers. But you might want to think about a different system that
could be used inside the sequencer. This system could share blurs and
other features, But are we convinced how such a node based system will
work with what cases, and what cases it really doesn't work?

IMO someone should invest to get a blur strip going? It fits good in the
architecture of Blender's sequencer, fairly easy to develop and solves
the original question.

Regards,
Jeroen Bakker