[Bf-compositor] Reformat node ?

Hadrien Brissaud hadriscus at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 08:41:48 CEST 2014

Hello, chiming in again for another suggestion.

Yesterday I was trying to resize a bunch of images (1080p to 720p, yeah I
know it's cruel). Of course this could be done via other ways (batch in
Gimp, etc.) but Blender makes it easy to just lay down a few nodes and
batch operate on an arbitrary number of image sequences, so my choice was
made.

My problem was, the scale node transforms pixels, not image boundaries. So
I was left with a bunch of 1080p images in which the RGB pixels had been
scaled down to 720p, with a black border around them (alpha=0 actually).

I found this solution :
http://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/2376/how-can-i-resize-move-the-canvas-of-an-image-in-the-compositor

...suggested by Ton himself - it works, but it's clunky, and I wanted to
highlight the way it's done in Nuke : via a reformat node, which explicitly
transforms the image *and* its bounds. Such a node in the Blender
compositor could be very handy.

Regards,

Hadrien