[Bf-compositor] Wiki

Francesco Paglia f.paglia.80 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 13:26:49 CET 2013

Hey David,
since Sebastian will be the wiki maintainer I don't see this a real issue
since we can push any idea here and then, when it is discussed will be
added by Seb in the proper list!

@Sebastian,
About the priority I think an always open survey will help us, but I also
think we have to leave room to the developer sensibility to pick issue as
they feel comfortable facing them.
We can just set the order so devs know what we urge more but at the same
time I think we will have changes that will be solvable in few hours and
stuff that needs a much more structured and organized development.

As soon as issue is picked by a dev we can set the status on "wip" - or a
better word to say someone is working on it - and then when it has been
addressed we can  write next to the issue just "solved" as a reminder for
anyone!

I'm with Sebastian for the 3 categories and we should also use them while
making new thread in this list to easily recognize the scope of the thread.

2013/11/3 David McSween <3pointedit at gmail.com>

> Sebastian that looks like a good plan. We must consider that there may be
> crossover between categories when a feature might improve performance or
> even usability. Will we be able to triage entries then redirect them to a
> more appropriate category? I guess that may be up to a dev or perhaps the
> list mailing group.
> On 3 Nov 2013 20:56, "Sebastian König" <koenig.sebastian at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Hey!
>> I already sent out a mail to this list announcing the new wiki page (WIP).
>> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Proposals/Compositor
>>
>> However, I wanted to have some feedback from you regarding the structure
>> and order of that page.
>>
>> My idea would be to have 3 main sections:
>> 1) Performance,
>> 2) Usability
>> 3) Features.
>>
>> So everything related to things like ram preview, faster nodetree updates
>> etc  would go to 1, things like better roto workflow, node-shelf, new
>> button layout etc. go to 2, and new nodes, new backdrop features etc could
>> go to 3.
>> On the top of the page we could have a hitlist of the most pressing
>> issues and most wanted features.
>> But that’s open for discussion.
>>
>> So, what do you guys think?
>>
>> Cheers,