[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - 2019.10.28

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 18:51:37 CET 2019

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is
Monday, 4 November 10:00 CEST / 9:00 UTC, in #blender-coders on
blender.chat.

For the complete report read it on:
https://devtalk.blender.org/t/28-october-2019/10181

Announcements
============
* Blender Conference videos are online on the Blender Foundation youtube
channel. [1]
* AMD joined the Blender Foundation Development Fund at Patron level last
week.
* VR meeting was a success. Basically everyone seems enthusiastic, there’s
quite some consensus and we have some planning on how to move forward,
expect a report shortly. (Julian Eisel)
* Dalai Felinto is preparing a proposal for the developer structure, with a
well defined specifications of projects, regular bug fixing and patch
review process. If anyone any insights on this he can share the work in
progress documents before they are presented to everyone.

Blender 2.81
==========
* Multires and sculpting issue (T58473) may not be tackled in time. Sergey
Sharybin proposes we disable sculpting on a non-top level to avoid
artifacts. So he can dedicate his time to fix this in 2.82.

Blender 2.82
* Campbell Barton suggests we should move to Python 3.8 for 2.82. He will
mail the bf-committers list.
* No centralized roadmap yet. But again, the modules are encouraged to
propose their own tasks as high priorities in their landing page, under the
Medium Term header. (Dalai Felinto)

[1] -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcl3--cbULk&list=PLa1F2ddGya_8Wzpajwu1EtiS8E1Exm82S

Best regards,