[Bf-committers] MacOS developers welcome!

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Tue May 28 21:24:03 CEST 2019

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 8:44 AM Levi Bradford <levibradford1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> My iMac is reasonably fast for my purposes, but I’d like clarification on
> the required specifications. Is a i7 7700K with 32GB of RAM recent enough?
> Is it powerful enough?

Yes that is more than powerful enough! My early Blender dev work was done
on a PowerBook G4, and lots more on a 2012 MBP which I still use.

Also I'd like to help! Will have time after SIGGRAPH, and some new hardware
if all goes well.

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire