[Bf-committers] MacOS developers welcome!

Chuck Ocheret ocheret at panix.com
Tue May 28 22:11:37 CEST 2019

I’d be willing to help. I do build the master branch at home on a daily basis and I have reported build and functional problems when I’ve run into them on daily use. I’ve also spent small bursts trying to learn the code internals. I’m not specifically a MacOS expert, though I do know Metal and Swift fairly well (my Objective-C is quite stale). I have last year’s top of the line MacBook Pro.

What I really had wanted to do was a port of Cycles and the rest of Blender to Metal to overcome the lost support for OpenCL and fear of OpenGL going away. But I think, given the amount of time I have, I need a little hand-holding on a few of the paradigms in the code.

Anyway, perhaps the group that has responded so far can team up a bit.

Thanks,
~chuck

Chuck Ocheret
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ocheret