[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code 2019

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue May 7 16:14:27 CEST 2019

Hi everyone,

We have 8 great students and 8 exciting projects awaiting to be worked
on this summer!
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/6617016799068160/

If you want to be involved, here are the four main communication
platforms for Blender's GSoC.

1) The soc-2019-dev mailing list

This list is invite only, for mentors and students. On this list we will
discuss topics in private; issues like deadline reminders, reporting
protocols, etc. I expect it will be very low traffic.

2) The devtalk forum

All Blender & code related topics will go to the devtalk forums. Here
students will also post their weekly reports, here they can ask for
feedback on topics or share intermediate results with everyone.

https://devtalk.blender.org/c/blender/summer-of-code

3) blender.chat

We recommend students and mentors to use blender.chat to interact.
Weekly meetings will be scheduled there as well.

4) Docs go to wiki.blender.org

In the coming weeks ("Bonding period") we expect the students and
mentors to meet and prepare to get started. A good first project is to
update the project proposal/planning and move that to your own personal
space on wiki.blender.org

This is how it looked like last year (links to final reports are missing):
https://archive.blender.org/wiki/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2018/

You can contact Brecht, Bastien or Campbell to get your wiki account.

Thanks,

-Ton-