[Bf-committers] Potentially moving from IRC to Blender.Chat

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Tue May 7 14:12:40 CEST 2019

Since the large majority of active and new contributors that I've heard
from prefer blender.chat, we are moving ahead with this. If there are
issues with moderation or something else we can re-evaluate, but so far it
seems to be going well.

We now have 9 channel "owners" that can do moderation, which should cover
different time zones well and is more than we had for IRC.

This means:
* The blender.chat channel is now listed on the blender.org and
wiki.blender.org
* Weekly meetings will take place on blender.chat.
* Blender developers can still use IRC, but it's optional and you are more
likely to find them on blender.chat.
* The IRC channel remains but points to blender.chat in the topic as the
place where most discussion and meetings are happening.