[Bf-committers] GSoC Idea: Improving Automatic UV Unwrapping

Jacob Merrill blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 17:52:56 CET 2019

I think a function that would be slick, is something that figures out where
a brush spills over a seem, and then take the section that 'overhangs' the
island, and transform it to the other side of the seam, (if enabled) so
seams would not really matter as much.

of course with really nice bake tools, we can unwrap the model seamless
with overlaps, and then bake over to a proper unwrapped mesh and seams are
not a issue at all.