[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2019-1-28
Brecht Van Lommel
brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 16:50:38 CET 2019
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
4 February 18:00 CET / 17:00 UTC.
1) New Features and Changes
About 90 bugs were fixed last week.
* Workbench support for depth of field. (Clément Foucault)
* Sculpt: add Topology Rake, to align edges along brush while painting.
This helps to generate cleaner topology and define sharp features for
dynamic topology. Best used on relatively low-poly meshes, it is not needed
as much for high detail areas and has a performance impact. (Jean Da Costa)
* macOS: add support for OpenMP, making smoke/fluid/cloth simulations
faster. This brings macOS on par with Windows and Linux. (Arto Kitula)
* Module owners are invited to test if `clang-format` gives good results
for the code they maintain. To test, check out the `temp-clang-format`
branch and run `make format`. This works on Linux and macOS only for now,
Windows support needs to be added. Further, we are still mainly missing
* Clément: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:Hypersomniac/Foundation/2019
* Sebastian: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:Zeddb#January_23_-_25
More information about the Bf-committers