[Bf-committers] Addons Remove Broken Addons task

Brendon Murphy meta.androcto1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 04:04:41 CEST 2019

Hi, for 2.8 I undertook this large task:
https://developer.blender.org/T63750
I removed all broken addons from 2.79 release and they are now in addons
contrib.
This gave us a good reduction in addons included with Blender 2.8.
Some addons from 2.79 release have now been updated to 2.8 and added back
to release and we have welcomed new maintainers for these addons.
https://developer.blender.org/T68332 animall addon has returned to release
with Damien Picard (pioverfour) as new maintainer Task to be closed soon.
Some addons in contrib have been updated and may be added back to release
soon.
https://developer.blender.org/T68590 Render to Print is ready but no clear
maintainer yet.
https://developer.blender.org/T68350 Sculpt Brush Menus is ready with Ryan
Inch (Imaginer) as the maintainer.
https://developer.blender.org/T61901 Crackit addon is ready with Nobuyuki
Hirakata (Gappy1) maintaining.
Work is underway here: https://developer.blender.org/T66329 3ds Import.
Basic import is working already with andreas atteneder (atti) looking at
this important addon.
Other work continues towards completion of this task.

Please be prepared to rebase addons to prevent duplicate files when files
get moved from contrib to release. https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Tools/Git
I hear often that there's duplicate addons if this happens you need to do a
proper pull. I'll be reducing the noise and work on the final moves over
the next 2 weeks.

*Important Notice:* I'm giving the time frame of 2 weeks for contrib addons
to be updated. After this time *all* broken and unmaintained addons will be
removed from contrib also.
It's been quite surprising, maybe somewhat disappointing? that some addons
you might expect to be updated or asked about have little or no interest.
We can safely remove all of these addons in 1 commit. I'll be doing this in
2 weeks time in preparation for 2.81 release.

Thanks.
Brendon.