[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-06-25
dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 18:31:15 CEST 2018
Here are the notes from today's 17 UTC (18 CET) meeting in irc.freenode.net
Note: Next meeting is yet to be announced.
1) Blender 2.8 projects (and code quest wrap).
* Dalai Felinto will send the 2.8 wrap and planning mail after meeting. It
includes a proposal for the upcoming Blender 2.8 milestones (alpha, beta
and release candidate, final Python API, bug tracker re-open).
* Antonio Vazquez reported grease-pencil progress. The split of modifier
stack is complete, there is a pending issue with the anti-alias, but
overall he's spending his time on small fixes and polishing. The main
pending topic is still the annotation system.
* Pablo Vazquez and William Reynish have a proposal for the annotation
system. William will post it on developer.blender.org. This is the final
show stopper for the grease pencil merge, so the UI/UX, grease pencil and
development teams should agree on it sooner than later.
2) Google Summer of Code
Nothing discussed here, no student needed assistance or had any decision to
3) Other topics
* Ton Roosendaal proposes to find a better frequency and time for the
meetings. Perhaps a monthly meeting, and have talks and discussions on
devtalk.blender.org. Specially for the sub teams. The monthly meeting could
then be called "module team lead meeting". For now we put the next meeting
on hold and wait until a decision is reached.
4) Code quest links:
* Weekly meetings notes - 2018-06-22
- Interface Improvements
- Better AO in Cycles
- Collection Visibility
- Everything nodes
More information about the Bf-committers