[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-04-30
dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 10:43:04 CEST 2018
Here are the notes from today's 9 UTC (10 CET) meeting in irc.freenode.net
#blendercoders. Reminder: meetings are on Mondays, next meeting is 7th May
17 UTC (18 CET).
1) Blender 2.79
* Nothing new worth reporting.
2) Blender 2.80
* Copy on write task force announced:
* Dalai Felinto will organize both on-going task-forces copy-on-write and
multi-object editing in a graph, so we can keep track of their progress.
Similar to what we had for the immediate mode task force.
* Toolbar is getting a lot of user commotion. Campbell is happy to see
people noticing this feature, since prior to the radical user interface
changes, the implementation itself is a few months old already.
* A few important design changes are making their way into Blender2.8. For
example: corner editors separator, number button and slider changes,
toolbars. Although all this has been presented in developer.blender.org, it
will be nice to collect all of the proposed changes and present them to
* William Reynish mentions specifically that they are still looking for a
solution for the "persistent tool settings" area. Once he finalize the
design with Campbell he will present a document for review.
* Antonio Vazquez says he tackled the proposed changes on the color Palette
(converting it to materials) required for merging. This was the big tasks,
he will work in converting the GP modifiers to copy-on-write next.
3) Google Summer of Code
* Ton Roosendaal will setup a low-traffic mailing-list today for students
and mentors. As well as a landing page in the wiki for the students.
* Besides that, to get feedback, discuss ideas and post progress students
are encouraged to use our on-boarding forum for that (as an alternative to
* Each student will be granted a branch to work on, Sergey Sharybin and
Brecht Van Lommel will handle that.
4) Code quest links:
* Weekly meeting notes - 2018-04-26:
* Tasks done last week:
* Code quest workboard:
* Video log #3 - Removals - Code Quest Log #03 - Blender 2.8
* Tools, Toolbar and Tool Widgets
* Code Quest: Planning
More information about the Bf-committers