[Bf-committers] Code proposal for new modifiers

Christian Hubert christian.hubert at dstribe.com
Mon Apr 30 08:59:41 CEST 2018

Hello,

This is my first post here and I hope to be in the right place for this
email.

I've coded two modifiers. The purpose at the beginning was to learn about
Blender code, but finally the result could be of some interest as I've
posted about it on right click select and the score seems to be good
(https://blender.community/c/rightclickselect/85bbbc/fan-screw-variant-modif
ier and
https://blender.community/c/rightclickselect/35bbbc/randomize-modifier-propo
sal).

So from that, I'm in pain to find my way: how to obtain an approval about
this dev? Should I simply post a diff here
https://developer.blender.org/differential/diff/create/ and "no more"?

But on another hand, maybe a little discussion is preferable before just
pushing the code. For instance, I could be told that "this is of no
interest", or "that's ok, but you should add this or this option", or etc.
you see the point.

So, what is the good procedure about that?

Thanks for your feedback and advices.

Regards,

Christian