[Bf-committers] View Layers and Collections (blog post)

Mikhail Rachinskiy mikhail.rachinskiy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 12:12:38 CEST 2017

Hi Dalai,

I think default behavior should be to delete objects if their collection is
deleted, but only if they are not included in other collections. Otherwise
we'll end up with huge blend files containing "dead" objects in
bpy.data.objects but not in the actual scene.

I have a question about new scene structure:
In 2.79 to walk through all objects in the scene we can use scene.objects.
But in 2.8 one object can be assigned to multiple collections at once,
which means that we cannot use master collection to walk through all
objects, since we'll walk over the same object multiple times.

Is there a place in 2.8 we can access all objects in the scene once per
object?

--
Mikhail Rachinskiy