[Bf-committers] Question about feature update for Blender 3D.

A Z poweruserm at live.com.au
Thu Sep 21 08:03:30 CEST 2017

To who it may concern,

I'm not sure who should get this to start, however I've tried this email address

as a starting point that developers do see.

I've got a modelling issue that touches on meshes, NURBS surfaces and

freestyle line edges.

The entire thing is visible at the artists forum,

https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?402757-How-do-I-solve-this-Freestyle-Lines-problem&highlight=

How do I solve this Freestyle Lines problem?<https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?402757-How-do-I-solve-this-Freestyle-Lines-problem&highlight=>
blenderartists.org
-In this example, one lines group appears and the other doesn't, despite the fact that both situations are parallel identical. One of these problems begins at frame 380. I should certainly get a symmetrical, consistent display of lines in this situation. How can I prevent rendering doing my Freestyle Edges so inconsistently?

I need some kind of way, be it via an enhanced layers system or otherwise,

to allow a way to have surfaces, associating strictly with their freestyle line edges,

to "stack" in the subsequent order they are introduced.  By introduced,

I mean brought into surface coincidence. I then need a camera to

render and interpret these coincident surfaces as "stacking",

top down, even though they are coincident.

I need this feature so that I can use blender keyframe animation to simulate a paper

folding situation, where I may "virtualise" away any paper thickness.

I need only use one surface reference on all surfaces, and while my model

is only a mesh one, perhaps in wider theory it implies to NURBS surfaces

too.

Is there anything going on towards version 2.8, or anyone really, who could

take a look at my feature request here and perhaps do something about accomplishing

this?  Or even pointing me in the correct Blender direction if I'm wrong?