[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2017-11-20
dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 18:49:08 CET 2017
Here are the notes from today's 18 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net
#blendercoders. Reminder: meetings are on Mondays now, next meeting is 27
Nov, 9 UTC (10 CET).
1) Blender 2.79
Nothing to report. Goal is still to look at it on early December. Specially
if we bring in Cycles performance improvements from master.
2) Blender 2.8
* Meta-balls are back! Kudos for Germano Cavalcante and patch reviewers.
* There is a dynamic override and depsgraph design document:
* Static overrides is on review aiming at merge in 2.8 -
* Cleanup news: After the SceneRenderLayer "removal" patch (D2919) we will
unify the name of the old render layers across the code, user docs, python
api and the UI (we have render layer, view layer and scene layer now). This
may require a short-lived hack in our read code for files created with
* Eevee subsurface scattering is now bettter supported for the principled
share using proper physically based algorithm (Burley SSS). You can see
more on Clément Foucalt's weekly report:
* Grease pencil is doing tests to get smooth drawing. A lot of new
parameters were added to the user interface of brushes. But they will clean
them up after the tests.
* A new proposal for shifting the Blender 2.8 priorities was posted here:
Discussion started on that but continued outside the meeting.
3) Other projects
* This Week in Blender is still being updated:
* Campbell will mail a proposal to handle onboarding via forums (discord),
similar to what Rust does. More details soon.
* Ton Roosendaal will remind everyone of the patch review meeting idea
during the coming week. The idea is to be 90 minutes max, 30 patches max.
Where developers can submit p atches for a 3 minutes accept/reject
More information about the Bf-committers